Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Clutches of Time

My daughter was just getting off the freeway, on the way to pick up her children, when the clutch on her car failed. A couple of guys pushed the car into a service station, where she called me. The car’s warranty would cover towing, but only to an authorized dealer—the nearest being two hours away. With the permission of the station, we left the car and went to pick up her children.

She has another car available, but it has no room for children’s car seats. So I offered to provide transportation while her car is in the shop. While she is considerate of my time, and does not make undue requests, it has added another dimension to my already crowded schedule.

Scripture encourages us to make the most of our time (Ephesians 5:16.) Am I redeeming the time wisely? What would you do?

God bless...

Millie McNabb, B.A., B.Mus.

Strategies and support for parents who are intentionally raising children to become Christian adults. http://www.christianvalueslegacy.com/

No comments: