Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Temperamental Adjustment

Brrr! I was just taking a shower to warm up after being out in the cold weather. (We have snow on the ground.) I was “bonding” with the water, as my daughter says, and reached down to warm it up a bit. Suddenly, the water went cold. I overcame the shock, and quickly readjusted the temperature.

The cold water is temperamental. The valve has a spot near shut-off, where it lets a greater volume of cold water through. Usually I remember to compensate for that spot, but tonight I forgot.

We all have, and know people who have, “temperamental” spots. We get to know those spots, and compensate for those idiosyncrasies. That’s part of temperament coaching. That’s part of a love relationship. “Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins” (I Peter 4:8.)

Have you had to make temperamental adjustments in your relationships?

God bless…

Millie McNabb, B.A., B.Mus.

Temperament coaching for individuals, couples, parents, teachers and homeschoolers. www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com

No comments: