Monday, June 1, 2009

Job One

©Millie McNabb

I started reading Job today in my daily Bible reading. I was once challenged by someone to read 40 chapters a day in the Bible. So, I did—for one day. I read the 42 chapters of Job in one day. At that pace, you would read the entire Bible in a month.

There are different paces of effective Bible reading. Sometimes we read large sections for content, context and knowledge. At times we pray Scripture and meditate. Chronological or blended gospel reading adds new perspective. Whatever our pace, our “Job One” is to bless and glorify the Lord.

He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1:21)

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: