Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Skin of your Teeth

©Millie McNabb

I remember my father saying that he had escaped by the “skin of his teeth” and pondering what that might mean. I remember being even more surprised when I found that the phrase was in the Bible in Job 19:20 "My bone clings to my skin and my flesh, And I have escaped {only} by the skin of my teeth.”

We recently visited an exhibit called “Body Worlds.” Human and animal bodies which had been preserved using a polymer plastination process, were on display. The bodies had no skin: some focused on muscles, others were open to reveal the inner anatomy. Each system of the body, with its major organs, was exhibited and explained. There were also examples of diseased organs.

I thought that the most exquisite displays were the ones of the circulation system. The red gossamer image had all the detail of the original animal. It was amazing to see the fine capillaries out to the end of the toenails.

I hope you’ll join me today in giving thanks to God for his design of the body and the intricate interweaving of its systems. “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 139:14

God bless…

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at http://www.christianvalueslegacy.com./

No comments: