Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Unclaimed property

©Millie McNabb

I got a call the other day from a man in the town where I grew up. He had seen a notice in the paper for unclaimed property for my deceased aunt. Several years ago, he had recovered $800 when he followed up on a notice that included his name. Now he makes it a practice to help people recover property that may belong to them.

In my aunt’s case, he made several inquiries before discovering that she had attended the Methodist church. Someone there thought she might be a relative of my father. The man making the search knew that my father was no longer living, but vaguely recalled that one of his daughters had married a McNabb from Pocatello. Undaunted, he started calling McNabb’s and found me.

He gave me the information. I called my sister to get the aunt’s daughter’s contact information. Then I called the cousin to let her know about the unclaimed property.
Presumably, she’s filed the claim for the property.

Sharing our faith in Jesus Christ with someone, often takes persistence, as well. We recognize the benefit to us, and make it a practice to share that good news with others. God gives us “notice” of someone who has not claimed His free gift of eternal life, and we make every effort to let them know about the unclaimed gift. (Romans 6:23b, “…but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”) Then they have to personally file the claim to accept the free gift.

Do you have any stories of persisting to share God’s free gift with others?

God bless…

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: