Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slight Alignment

©Millie McNabb

The roads were slick this weekend. I was not traveling fast, but as I was turning left, my car was not responding. My brakes had little effect either, and I slid into the curb, which thankfully stopped me. The next stopping point would have been a light pole.

Although I saw no damage, I took my car in to be checked. They told me it was not bad, but needed a slight alignment. If the wheels are out of alignment, the tires wear more quickly, or can cause the car to pull to one side. The need for alignment may not be noticeable in driving, but over a length of time, will become quite obvious.

Most of parenting is that way: our children need a slight alignment. II Timothy 3:16 says that Scripture is profitable for correction. Correcting our children as soon as we realize they’re sliding, will keep them heading straight in the long run.

Do you have any “pediatrically correct” stories to share?

God bless…

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: