Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Look! It’s New

©Millie McNabb

When I saw my nearly nine-month-old granddaughter this evening, I could tell there was something new. There was a definite light of recognition in her eyes when she saw me and smiled. She kept smiling, and reached out for me.

Her mother saw it, too. “There was something different about her eyes and her head when she woke up from her nap today.”

As our children grow, we expect to see differences. As we grow in Christ and teach our children to follow Christ, we should expect to see differences. II Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, {he is} a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”

I like that word “Behold.” Sometimes, we forget to expect a new creature. I heard a pastor say, “The deacons are living up to my expectations. I just didn’t expect enough.”

I encourage you to take a moment today and appreciate the new creature you are.

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: