Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Digs

©Millie McNabb

There’s a freshly dug hole under our pump house. This marks the beginning of the next episode of “Skunk Wars.” We’ve lived here for 18 years, and have had skunks wander through, but last year they dug in and set up housekeeping under the building. We thought they were gone, and filled around the building last fall.

Sin can be like skunks. We think it’s gone, and then find it’s moved in again. It’s important to keep our confessions up-to-date, and to teach our children be vigilant in keeping ungodly thoughts from moving into their hearts. We can join the Psalmist in His prayer: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if [there is any] wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24.)

How did you teach your children about confession?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: