Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homeschool: Time well spent

©Millie McNabb

Sometimes I meet mothers who are overwhelmed with the thought of homeschooling. They make comments like, “You’re so brave,” “You’re so organized,” or “You’re so patient.” Perhaps I have become some of those things, but none of them are requisites for homeschooling. What is required is your decision to do it.

The question is, "Do you want to pass on your Christian values to your children?" This is “why” of my homeschooling. Since I knew the “why”, I figured out the “how.”

The truth is that your children will likely become like those they spend the most time with. I thank God that I was introduced to the concept of homeschooling, which provided me an opportunity to spend lots of time with my children. It was indeed time well spent.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.” God appointed me a season of homeschooling and now a season of reaping those benefits.

What thoughts do you have about homeschooling?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: