Friday, April 24, 2009

Calving

©Millie McNabb

Our neighbor across the road has started a cow-calf herd. This is calving season, and there’s new life each day as I drive by.

I grew up on a farm, and I remember how exciting it was to discover the newest litter of kittens. Also in the barn were the orphan calves that became my pets as I hung around helping my father milk the cows. My uncle, who was usually somewhat brusque, would tenderly nurse the sick ones back to health in my grandmother’s basement.

As Christians, whatever the season, we can enjoy that new life. “When you send your Spirit, new life is born to replenish all the living of the earth.” (Psalm 104:30)

What new life do you see around you?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: