Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sticker Shock

©Millie McNabb

Recently I got a parking lot ding on my car door. The scratch actually started in the fender and went across the door, then dipped down into the trim color. I got sticker shock when the body shop gave me the repair estimate.

I remember being a mother of four young children and hearing a speaker say that it took $200,000 to raise a child to the age of 18. It was difficult to imagine that it would take that much.

Jesus asks us to consider what it takes to be His disciple. "For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?” Luke 14:28

What things have given you sticker shock?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Dentist! I can't believe how much it costs to have dental work done. Crazy! I'll bet $150,000 of that money to raise a child went to their teeth.