Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Many Counselors

The temperature is hovering just above zero, and we had snow today. It was somewhat surreal driving home after dark. The road was ice-coated with snow over the top. There were ruts in the snow, which were partially filled with drifted snow. The drifts would pull the car to one side or the other, as I encountered them.

It brought to mind a conversation I’d had with my mother-in-law years ago. I was going into town in the wintertime, and she asked me which way I was going. I told her, and she said, “I don’t go that way when it’s slick. You have to stop at that intersection, and then when you turn right, it’s hard to get up that hill.” I hardly noticed the hill in summertime driving, but in the winter, it was significant. I chose a different route.

Whether it’s driving conditions or parenting, it’s good to have someone with experience to advise you. As the Bible says, “With many counselors, plans succeed.” (Proverbs 15:22)

Who are some of the counselors that you have had in life?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers coaching for individuals, couples, parents, teachers, and homeschoolers. http://www.christianvalueslegacy.com./

No comments: