Monday, December 15, 2008

So Choose Life

I was chauffeuring my daughter and grand-daughters to their weekly church kids club. There is a Mexican fast-food restaurant near the church where we sometimes stop for a snack. As we were driving, I said to them, “I know that you girls like to have a snack after kids club. Tonight, if you are pleasant and obedient when I come back to pick you up, we’ll stop and get a snack.”

When I picked them up, the three-year old had her shoes and coat on, along with a big smile on her face. She walked right up to me and said she was ready to go. The two-year-old, however, ran and hid when told to put on her shoes. After we got the girls in the car, my daughter and I decided that the best way to honor my offer was to split forces.

We pulled up to the restaurant, and I got the older one out of the car. I said to the younger one, “I’m sorry that you can’t go with us this time because you disobeyed. I hope that next time you will choose to obey your mother. This time you’ll have to wait here in the car with Mommy.”

God outlined the choice for the Israelites before they went into the promised land. Part of Deuteronomy 30:19 says, “…I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life….”

Share your story about children and choices.

God bless….

Millie McNabb, BA, BMus

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: