Friday, January 9, 2009

The Sound of Marching

©Millie McNabb

As I walked out to get the mail this evening, the air was crisp and the moon was bright. It reminded me of going home from my grandparents’ house.

We lived across the gravel county road from each other, and we each had big country yards. My grandfather would watch from his front porch while I ran the distance to our door. When I arrived safely, I’d wave to him.

He didn’t know this, but many times I imagined being a swift horse galloping across the expanse. I’d read all the Black Stallion books, and could hear the hoofbeats on the frozen ground, and see the shadow of the horse in the moonlight.

Sometimes God prompts us in ways that others do not see or hear. God gave David some very specific directions in II Samuel 5:24 "It shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, then you shall act promptly, for then the LORD will have gone out before you to strike the army of the Philistines."

How has God prompted you?

God bless…

Millie McNabb, B.A., B.Mus.

Strategies and support for parents who are intentionally raising children to become Christian adults. www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com

No comments: