Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wonderfully Made

©Millie McNabb

My daughter has a natural health clinic and I attended a seminar about minerals with her today. There are so many intricacies to the human body that I once again found myself echoing Psalm 139:14, “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.”

One of the most interesting things I learned about is a proposed theory of a connection between iodine and cancer. One of the challenges of cancer is that the body itself does not recognize these cells as abnormal, so lets them continue to grow. It appears that iodine is the main surveillance system for abnormal cells, and will trigger their death.

If you’d like more information, leave me a comment, and I’ll get it to you.

God bless…

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I want to know more.

Unknown said...

As a natural health follower, you might be interested in a contest I have running until this Wednesday on my blog at Not Entirely British. It's for Dr. Stan Gardner's DVD of one of his lectures on the musculoskeletal system, entitled A Pain in the Neck (Back, Joints, and Other Places). This is brand new and not yet in stores. It will sell for $49.97 when available. Super prize. Not many entries as yet.

Millie McNabb, BA, BMus said...

Hi, Margaret,
Thanks for your inquiry. Here's the basics of what it looks like iodine does:
In addition to triggering the "shut off" for cancer cells, iodine also appears to be a critical part of a combination of minerals that get rid of free radicals in the body.
The other interesting thing they think iodine does, is act as the first line of defense for incoming germs. If the thyroid is saturated with iodine, it kills the bugs in the stuff people cough at you. The immune system is the secondary defense to take care of anything that makes it past the iodine.
Other resources: request information from www.wellspringsavvy.com. Google "Guy Abraham" and check out Amazon "Breast Cancer and Iodine" by Dr. Derry.

Millie McNabb, BA, BMus said...

Hi, Anne,

Thanks for commenting on my blog and connecting about natural health. It looks as if you have multiple interests and talents.