Monday, February 2, 2009

Blue Letter Bible

©Millie McNabb

I have used www.blueletterbible.org for years. It’s an easy tool to use to look up Scripture and compare different translations. There are also commentaries and Bible dictionaries. They’ve added daily Bible reading plans, morning and evening devotionals, and promises.

I often use the concordance. I have my preferences set for New American Standard, and sometimes there are no references for the word I typed in. However, they have a list on the side that shows if that word is used in a different translation—a most handy feature.

Blue Letter Bible is a good homeschooling resource to not only teach your children the Bible, but to also teach them about using reference sources. Whichever tools you use to study Scripture, the point is to treasure God’s Word, and let it change you. “Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.” Psalm 119:11.

What study tools do you find useful for studying Scripture?

God bless…

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: