Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silhouettes

©Millie McNabb

Today was Lincoln’s birthday. I was remembering the February classroom decorations when I was in elementary school. There were silhouettes of Lincoln and Washington cut out of black construction paper on one bulletin board. Around most of the room were Valentine envelopes that we each made out of butcher paper.

I was fascinated by the silhouettes. I was even more intrigued when my brother came home with a silhouette cutout of himself. The teacher for the older grades had had each student sit while a bright light cast a shadow that another student outlined. Now there’s a fun homeschool art project.

Silhouettes are only the outline. So while they’re recognizable, they don’t give much detail. It’s like Paul described our relationship with Christ in I Corinthians 13:12, “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.”

Do you know what you don’t know?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at www.ChristianValuesLegacy.com.

No comments: