Friday, March 6, 2009

Pure Milk

©Millie McNabb

I was at my daughter’s clinic and she was with a client when her two-week old daughter woke up, and started to cry. I offered my thumb, which I knew to be a great comfort from my early days, but that was a poor substitute for what she really wanted.

That is how our desire for the Lord is to be. We cry out to the Lord. We are not satisfied with less. “…like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the Word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation…” (I Peter 2:2)

As we teach our children, we need to be careful that we are not offering them poor substitutions when the thing that will satisfy them is God and His Word. We model this desire in our own lives as we teach, parent and coach our children.

In what ways do you model the desire for the pure milk of the Word to your children?

God bless….

Millie McNabb, founder of Christian Values Legacy, offers parenting seminars that focus on passing on your Christian values. Request your free report “Considerations for Intentionally Raising Children to Become Christian Adults” today at http://www.christianvalueslegacy.com./

No comments: